Sous Vide Slow Cooker
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 kg lean minced beef
- 4 white onions, finely chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 500 g mushrooms, sliced
- 4 x tins chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 250 ml tomato ketchup
- 2 beef stock pots or cubes
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method (click to mark as completed)
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Serve with pasta and cheese or in a jacket potato with cheese. Use in a lasagne or moussaka.
- In the frying pan heat half of the olive oil. Fry the onions and garlic in batches until golden brown then add them to the cooking pot.
- Add all other ingredients to the cooking pot, stir then cook on HIGH for 4-6 hours or LOW for 8-10 hours.
Tip – For a vegetarian/vegan option, replace the meat with soya mince or chopped vegetables (carrot and courgette), replace the stock pots/cubes with a vegan alternative.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)