Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Whether you’ve got your fellow foodies over or you need to make a quick and easy lunch before you leave the house - Halloumi Wraps are always a good idea. With hummus, mixed leaves and seeds to garnish, this wrap is a treat for your taste buds.
- 1 halloumi block, cut into slices
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 wraps
For the hummus-
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3tbsp water
- ½ lemon, juice
- Salt and pepper
To garnish –
- Pumpkin seeds
- Rocket leaves
- Sliced pepper and red cabbage
Method (click to mark as completed)
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 5-8 minutes
- For the hummus: Put the chickpeas, garlic, tahini paste, coriander, cumin, water, lemon juice and seasoning into the mini chopper. Blend the ingredients until they’re almost smooth. Add the olive oil gradually, making sure to scrape down the sides of the chopper each time.
- For the halloumi: Heat the oil in a pan and fry the halloumi slices on both sides until golden brown, this should take approx. 1-2 minutes each side.
- To serve: Place the two wraps down and spread some hummus on each one. Then add some halloumi, rocket leaves, peppers and red cabbage to each. Roll up and serve, or alternatively wrap them up in some foil for work.
Recommended Russell Hobbs product: The Desire Mini Chopper
Completed steps (click to remove last step)