Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Herb Crusted Salmon & Tomato Salad
Take centre stage in your kitchen and use your food prep props to impress friends with your gastronomic creativity.
For the salmon & crust
- 4 salmon supremes, approx 110g each, skinned
- 3oz/85g stale white bread, crusts removed
- Small bunch of basil, around 8-10 decent sized leaves
- 2 large sprigs of dill, around 1 tablespoons worth
- 2 sprigs of parsley, around 1 tablespoons worth
- 1 small clove of garlic, crushed
- ¾ oz/20g black olives
- 1 oz/30g butter, melted
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
For the Sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red peppers
- 1 large onion
- 8 floz/225ml vegetable stock
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
For the Salad
- 400g well flavoured baby tomatoes
- Small bunch of Basil (10-12 leaves)
- Salt & ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Firstly to prepare the herb crust, cube the bread and place in the Russell Hobbs Allure mini ball chopper, it may be necessary to do this in two batches. In the final batch add the herbs, garlic and olives and process until fine.
- Thoroughly mix all the breadcrumbs together in a large bowl, add the melted butter and season to taste with the Russell Hobbs Allure salt and pepper grinder. Place the salmon fillets on a clean tray, skin side down and press the crumb on top of the fillets, place in the refrigerator for around 15-20 minutes to set the crust.
- Preheat an oven to 200°C, 180°C fan assisted, gas mark
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet and coat lightly with olive oil, roast for 20 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile to prepare the salad, slice the tomatoes in half and shred the basil into thin strips, transfer to a bowl and add the lemon juice, salt and pepper and a drizzling (approx 1-2 tbsp) of olive oil, mix altogether and refrigerate.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and place in a bowl, cover with cling film and set to one side.
- Chop the onion in the Russell Hobbs Allure mini ball chopper and sauté with a clove of garlic in 1 tbsp olive oil. Peel the skin and remove the seeds from the peppers, roughly chop and add to the onions, add stock and bring to the boil, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a jug, puree until smooth with the Russell Hobbs Allure hand blender, season to taste with the Russell Hobbs Allure salt and pepper grinder and return to a cleaned pan.
- Remove the salmon from the refrigerator and heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan, lightly seal the salmon’s underside, if possible use an oven proof frying pan, otherwise transfer to a baking tray and place in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes until firm but tender.
- Reheat the sauce and serve with the cooked salmon and tomato salad, buttered new potatoes would be a perfect accompaniment to this dish.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)