Method (Serves 2)
For the tomato sauce:
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the onions and garlic. Cook until soft without browning.
- Add the tomato puree and paprika and cook for a further 5 - 6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 30 – 40 minutes, remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
For the pizza base:
- Spiralize the potatoes with the Thin noodle blade. Put the potatoes into a bowl and season. Add the oil and mix together. Use a cloth to squeeze out any liquid from the mixture then put it into a clean bowl.
- Heat a little oil in a pan then add the potato mixture making sure it evenly covers the bottom of the pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes until it is crisp and golden brown. Turn the pizza base over and repeat the process.
- Cover with tomato sauce, mozzarella pieces, pepperoni slices and fresh basil leaves. Season with black pepper, grill and serve.
Tom’s Tip: To make this into a delicious vegetarian option substitute the pepperoni for mixed peppers.