Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Pulled Pork Buns
Food tastes better with friends. That’s why there’s no better way to tuck into our Pulled Pork Buns. Put the pot in the middle and let your friends serve themselves to slow cooked, tender pulled pork that’s bursting with flavour.
- 1kg pork shoulder, cut into 2 or 3 pieces to fit in the slow cooker
- 200ml BBQ sauce
- 100ml vinegar, sherry or cider
- 100ml stock
- 40g dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli
- 1 medium white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- To serve: coleslaw, salad
Method (click to mark as completed)
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 4-8 hours
- For the pork: Combine the BBQ sauce, vinegar, stock, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chilli, onion and garlic together. Then put the pork into the slow cooker before pouring the liquid over it.
- Cook on high for 4-8 hours until the pork is soft, tender and falls apart easily. Carefully remove the pork from the slow cooker and use 2 forks to pull the meat apart.
- Mix some of the remaining liquid from the slow cooker into the pulled pork before emptying.
- Serve in a dish alongside buns, coleslaw and salad, so everyone can help themselves.
Recommended Russell Hobbs product: Russell Hobbs Slow Cooker
Completed steps (click to remove last step)