Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Tasty treats that are great fun to bake creatively, it's no wonder cupcakes are all the rage these days! Here's our basic recipe.
- 125g butter, softened
- 225g castor sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 190ml milk
- 1tsp vanilla
Method (click to mark as completed)
Method (Serves 12)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan forced. Place cupcake papers into mini or regular muffin tins.
- In a bowl, combine butter and half the sugar, beat with the electric hand mixer until mixture becomes creamy, add remainder of sugar and continue beating. Add eggs singularly, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Add to the creamed mixture with the milk and vanilla, stirring well until combined.
- Spoon mixture into paper cups approx ¾ full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched.
- Allow to cool, then top with frosting and decorate with a variety of candied flowers, 100s and 1000s etc.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)