Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
- 8 free range egg whites
- 450g caster sugar
- 250ml double cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 350-400g summer fruit (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
- Icing sugar to dust
Method (click to mark as completed)
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: allow 1 hour
- For the meringue, pre heat an oven to 150ºC. Put the egg whites in a clean bowl and using the hand mixer whisk until soft peaks are formed. Slowly add the sugar whilst continuously whisking. Once all the sugar has been whisked in carry on whisking on high for 7-8 minutes until the meringue is white glossy and smooth.
- Line 2 baking trays and divide the meringue between the 2 trays. Spread the blobs out into approx. 20 cm circles.
- Reduce the heat in the oven to 130ºC and bake the meringues for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and leave the meringues in the oven until they are completely cooled, before removing from the oven to set aside.
- To finish, whisk the cream with the icing sugar and vanilla extract until soft peaks are formed. Lay the first meringue down and pipe over some cream, then lay the second meringue on top. Pipe the remaining cream on top and decorate with the fruit. Finish off by dusting the pavlova with icing sugar.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)