Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Get colourful this Shrove Tuesday, with Smarties Pancakes. They’re the perfect sweet treat to tuck into and let you get creative in the kitchen with your little ones. The more Smarties the better – nothing is duller than a life with no colour.
- 170g plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 30g golden caster sugar
- 2 large free range eggs
- 250ml milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- To serve: smarties, chocolate sauce
Method (click to mark as completed)
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: allow 20 minutes
- Start by combining and sifting the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Next separate the egg whites from the yolks. Using a hand mixer, combine the egg yolks with the milk and vanilla and mix into the dry ingredients.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks are formed, then fold into the mixture.
- Then heat a little oil in a pan and add in some of the mixture. When it starts to bubble flip the mixture over and cook on the other side. Repeat this until all of the mix is cooked.
Tip: Put the mix into a squeezy bottle to help control the amount of mix you put into the pan each time.
Recommended Russell Hobbs Product: Desire Hand Mixer
Completed steps (click to remove last step)