Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Brazilian Spiced Hot Chocolate
A divine drink inspired by Brazilian cafe culture.
- 1 ½ litres full cream milk
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 8 cloves
- 75g castor sugar
- 125g pure dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
For meringue topping:
Method (click to mark as completed)
Method (Serves 6)
- Pour the milk into a saucepan, add the spices and simmer gently for 8 minutes without allowing the milk to come to a full boil.
- Strain some of the hot milk into the Illumina Jug Blender, add the broken chocolate. Start on low speed and then increase to high speed as the chocolate melts. Blend thoroughly and return to the saucepan with the remaining milk and sugar.
- Simmer whilst stirring constantly until chocolate has completely dissolved and mixture has thickened slightly. Add vanilla and stir thoroughly.
- To make the meringue, beat the egg whites using an electric beater to a stiff consistency and gradually beat in the sugar. The meringue should be very stiff.
- To serve, pour the chocolate into small cups, place a scoop of meringue on top and sprinkle with dark chocolate.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)