Method (click to mark as completed)
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Serve with crusty white bread and butter or fresh green vegetables.
- Add the carrot and potato to the cooking pot.
- In the frying pan, heat half of the oil. Fry the onions until golden brown then put them into the cooking pot.
- Put the flour into the bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the beef and mix together making sure the beef is well coated.
- Heat the remaining oil and fry the beef in batches until golden brown. Drain, and then add it to the cooking pot.
- Cut one stick of celery in half. Place the bay leaves, thyme and rosemary between the two halves of celery then tie the two halves together using a piece of the string.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook on HIGH for 6-8 hours or LOW for 8-12 hours.
Tip – To make this recipe gluten free, remove the plain flour. Use corn flour and water to thicken the casserole if necessary at the end of cooking.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)