Sous Vide Slow Cooker
- 2-3 kg beef roast
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the horseradish mayonnaise:
- 4 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 140 ml mayonnaise
- 220 ml sour cream
Method (click to mark as completed)
Cooking time: at least 8-12 hours
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Serve in a bread roll with horseradish mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato.
- Place the beef roast in the cooking pot. Sprinkle with the garlic powder and seasoning and rub into the beef roast.
- Put the lid on and insert the temperature probe through one of the three holes in the lid into the joint. Make sure that the probe goes into the joint as close to the centre as possible. Set the temperature to 60ºC for medium or 72ºC for well done.
- For the horseradish mayonnaise, combine all ingredients then set them aside in the fridge until needed.
- Once the beef roast is done, remove it from the cooking pot and set aside to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- To serve, thinly slice the beef and build your sandwich with some of the horseradish mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)