Method (click to mark as completed)
Cooking time: at least 8 hours
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
- Combine the paprika, cumin, brown sugar and seasoning together.
- Place the pork shoulder in the cooking pot and pour over the cider. Rub the spice mixture over the top of the pork.
- Heat the oil and fry the onions and garlic until golden brown. Place in the cooking pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the cooking pot.
- Put the lid on and insert the temperature probe through one of the three holes in the lid into the pork joint. Make sure that the probe goes into the joint as close to the centre as possible. Set the temperature to 70ºC.
- Once the pork is done remove it from the cooking pot. Use two forks to pull the pork apart.
- Add some of the strained cooking liquid back to the pork, season and serve.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)