Method (Makes 8-10)
- Spiralize the butternut squash with the thin noodle blade then cut it into 1-2 cm pieces. Spiralize the onion with the Spiral slice blade. Spiralize the potato with the thick noodle blade then cut it into 1-2 cm pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan then add the onion and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes without browning them.
- Add the butternut squash and potato and cook for 6-7 minutes stirring continuously. Add the turmeric, chilli powder, and curry powder and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Stir in the coriander and peas and set aside to cool.
- Cut the pastry into strips approx. 6cm wide, 150 cm long. Place a spoonful of the mixture onto the end of the strip. Brush around the mixture with oil then fold one corner diagonally to the left, enclosing the filling and forming a triangle. Fold again along the upper edge of the triangle.
- Repeat until the end of the strip is reached then fold and seal the edge with a little oil. Refrigerate for 20 - 30 minutes. Fry in oil heated to 160ºC for 8-10 minutes.
Tom’s Tip: These are great served as a starter, a snack or as part of an Indian banquet.