Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Koftas With Basil Pita Bread
Great for grilling. This is ambrosial food.
- 500g lean minced lamb
- 6 satay sticks, dampened/soaked
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground all spice
- 115g stale breadcrumbsPepper
- Olive oil
- 6 pita bread
For Basil Butter:
- 125g salt reduced butter, softened
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- Black pepper
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Preheat grill for 5 minutes.
- Using hands mix the lamb, onion and garlic thoroughly. Mix in the cinnamon, all spice, breadcrumbs and pepper and shape the mixture around the satay sticks, leaving about half the stick uncovered. Brush lightly with olive oil.
- Grill the koftas until cooked as preferred.
- To make the Basil Butter, mix together all ingredients until well blended.
- Spread prepared Basil Butter onto lightly warmed pita bread, wrap around the koftas and serve with Tabouleh.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)